The Resource The orphan of the flames
- The orphan of the flames
- Statement of responsibility
- H. L. Dennis
- The Da Vinci Code for kids - an extraordinary six-book series with real codes, real mysteries and real danger.
- A beautifully drawn together story. parentsintouch.co.uk Dennis mixes complex code breaking theories with humour and excitement to produce this action packed adventure. School Librarian
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- H. L. Dennis worked in a boarding school for deaf children; in a book shop and as a children's story teller in a Native American Tepee. She and her husband taught together at the largest Junior School in Europe where she still works part time as a Year Five teacher and Head of English. Her daughter Meggie, an avid reader, has been amazing help with the building of the Secret Breakers series but her dog Benji, who's probably the laziest dog in the world, has been absolutely no help at all!.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- From Fourth Grade to Sixth Grade
- UK School Key Stage 2
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Secret breakers
- Series volume
- Summary expansion
- The team of code-crackers face a new code that has never been solved. Brodie, Hunter and Tusia are back at Station X, the secret code-cracking station at Bletchley Park. And they are still wrestling with the great unanswered question: what secret lies behind the ancient, coded Voynich Manuscript? Their first adventure left them with a musical box that plays a tune by the composer, Elgar. Elgar loved codes. At once they are off on a new search which takes them to the stories behind Elgar's famous music and a coded letter he wrote to a young friend, Dorabella. The 'Dorabella Cipher' has never, ever been solved. Now our team of code-breakers are on a twisting trail via medieval book burnings in Florence, a mysterious boy known as the Orphan of the Flames, and a one-time famous prisoner in London's Newgate Prison who wrote about King Arthur. Where is it all leading? And will they survive, when hot on their trail is a secret organisation that has always thwarted the search for Truth and is prepared to kill to stop them ...The second story in this highly original puzzle-solving series - a Da Vinci Code for kids. The reader races along with the Secret Breakers team to break the code ...Enter the world of the Secret Breakers at http://hldennis. com/ Teachers' resources and full reading guide available here: http://hldennis.com/docs/HDreadingguide.pdf
- Target audience
ContextContext of The orphan of the flames
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The orphan of the flames
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.tararua.kotui.org.nz/resource/x1bObuHndwE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.tararua.kotui.org.nz/resource/x1bObuHndwE/">The orphan of the flames</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.tararua.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.tararua.kotui.org.nz/">Tararua District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Tararua District Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...